Thursday 2 June 2016

Some Highlights of the last Stampin' Up Year

I thought as we celebrated the launch of the new catalogue, that I would pause a moment and smile at some projects I enjoyed in the last Stampin' Up year.

First 3 very different cards;

The first uses very neutral shades and the wonderful Botanical Blooms stamp set. The very tropical nature of this set means it tends to be used in bright, bold colours. It was fun therefore to tone it right down and use a neutral palette to produce a card that would suit a man as well as a lady.


The second card used DSP, that beautiful lace ribbon, the sweet little coat hanger die from "Baby's First framelits and the "Beauty" came from the "Enjoy the Little Things" stamp set. The score board was also put to good use to create the panelled effect on the background.A lovely card that uses lots of different product.



And the third card employed a technique which I had enormous fun doing. Embossing wax paper and then ironing it onto shiny card to create a wax resist. I explain the process a little more in my blog post here

Next some more dimensional projects. I had great fun with the range of balloon stamps, dies and punches we had to create these bold box frame cards, that would look fabulous on a child's bedroom wall. 



And for something a little more genteel, I created this gift set containing tea, coffee, hot chocolate, biscuits and sugar using the suite of products from the Spring/Summer catalogue. We made them at a product led class and at least one became a present for Mother's Day



And last, but by now means least, a Project Life page using some of the beautiful pictures we had taken as part of a Family Photo shoot that our children bought my husband and I as a gift for our 50th Birthdays which both fell last autumn. The photos were taken in the wood in early autumn, so it seemed appropriate to play with the vintage leaf set and to use autumn colours for this page.










I hope you have enjoyed this little nostalgic journey, but now hold onto your hats, because the journey into the new Stampin' Up year starts here.

Hope you'll enjoy the ride along with me.

Helen
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment