Thursday 29 October 2015

Back to the Wilderness



"The  Wilderness Awaits" is one of those stamp sets that has so much potential for so many techniques and with this Monday class a couple of weeks ago we explored a few.

For the ducks taking off, we had to do some masking - stamping onto a post it note and cutting out to use as a mask. You achieve the effect of one duck in front of the other by stamping the lower duck, covering it with your cut out mask and then stamping the second duck. Because the ink where the 2 images overlap goes onto the post it note and not onto your card front, once you have removed your mask, it gives the illusion of one duck behind the other.

Some gentle colouring in with an aqua marker, a greeting added and some banners punched from the "Go Wild" DSP stack.



I don't actually like this card, but because I liked the technique I have added the picture. The technique was to take some funky foam and heat it with your heat gun and then whilst it was warm stamp into it. It gives the look of stamped leather, which I like.Unfortunately I hadn't got any nice neutral shades of funky foam.This orange was the nearest I could find. I used my paper-piercing tool to create holes around the edge of the foam and drew in the faux stitching. I will get some more funky foam and give it another go, but meanwhile it is good for you to know that quite a few cards end up on the reject pile - and this is heading that way.


This magnificent stag on the other hand has been stamped and heat embossed in gold before being coloured in. Another post it note - this time punched out into a circle to act as a mask in the sky when I sponged it to leave a moon. I took the edge of my sponge and just added some wisps of colour across the face of the moon to relieve the starkness of the white, The rock on which the stag stands is some gold DSP from the neutrals stack that I have torn diagonally to create the mountainside.


I am sure this is a stamp set we shall return to again. Make the paper dazzling diamond glimmer paper, and give the stag a frosting of glitter and Merry Christmas everyone........

Helen
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment