Monday 26 October 2015

Upon Reflection


I have seen reflection techniques done various ways. For these I used wax paper. Many of us have it already in our stashes because of the intricate dies we cut. For us in the UK, our craft room is probably the only time we use it, although it was of course developed for culinary purposes - to wrap food.
In all of these examples I have stamped onto my card (watercolour card is best) with archival ink and then stamped the same image onto wax paper. The ink stays on top of the wax paper, so you can then turn it over and upside down, line it up under your original image and burnsh gently. The ink comes off of the wax paper and onto your card. It won't be a sharp, crisp, image, but then reflections aren't by their very nature sharp and crisp. All that remains is to colour your image by sponging, daubing, water colouring
For my tree, I dabbed colour onto the tree and then spritzed with water to give the blended colours effect. I added the ground and water with an aqua painter and then added in faint hints of the tree colour in the water.


The goose and the trees were also water coloured with an aqua painter.


I added "waves" along the top of my water and around the boat with the uni-ball Signo Gel pen (these pens are fabulous quality)


I love doing these cards. There are so may stamp sets that lend themselves to reflections.

If you have any questions on any of these cards, please comment or get in touch. I would love to hear from you.

Helen
xx

2 comments: